Eating healthy is very important. Be sure you are eating and using fruits and vegetables in your meals and stay away from fried foods. Here are some healthy and delicious recipes for you to try.
Strawberry Salad Wraps
- 2 cups shredded romaine
- 3 strawberries, sliced
- ¼ cup sliced cucumbers
- ¼ cup chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons gorgonzola cheese
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds (optional)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 spinach wrap
- Place romaine lettuce, strawberries, cucumber, chickpeas, and cranberries in a large bowl.
- In small whisk together olive oil and balsamic vinegar; add salt and pepper to taste to make dressing.
- Gently toss dressing with salad greens.
- Sprinkle on cheese and sunflower seeds.
- Pour salad onto spinach wrap and fold to form wrap.
1 bag of raw kale ( any brand)
Zesty Italian Dressing (any brand)
2 Cloves of fresh Garlic ( amount may vary depending on serving size)
Cut fresh garlic in several pieces. Combine garlic in a bowl with raw kale and the Zesty Italian Dressing. Stir, Serve, and Enjoy.
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp. old fashioned rolled oats
- 2 tbsp. packed brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. flour
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1 large egg, well beaten
- 2 medium apples
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, add the oats, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, and salt. Stir to combine.
- Add the beaten egg to the dry ingredients. Stir to combine.
- Cut the apples in half, cutting through the core. Use a pairing knife, spoon, or melon baller to scoop out the core and make a shallow cup in the apple. Lay the apples in the baking dish, cut side up. Spoon the oat mixture onto the apples and spread it out into an even layer.
- Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake for 25 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for 25 more minutes.
- Serve warm, or chilled.
Prep time:5 mins
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup peeled, pitted and sliced fresh mango
- honey to taste
- 1/2 cup ice
- Place the juice, fruit and honey in a blender.
- Blend on high speed for 30 seconds.
- Add the ice and blend until smooth.
- 2-3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1 teaspoon powdered turmeric
- one lemon, juiced
- Boil 2 – 3 cups of water.
- Remove pan from burner and add 1 teaspoon each of powdered Ginger and powdered Turmeric. Stir, cover and let sit for 10-15 minutes.
- In the meantime, juice one lemon and split between the two cups.
- When the tea is ready, pour in both cups, and enjoy.
Drink to taste the essence of the herbs or add honey to enhance your herbal experience
5 CULTURE MACARONI & CHEESE
Semolina Wheat Pasta Noodles Yogurt
Sharp and Extra Sharp Cheeses Sea Salt
Parmesan Cheese Pepper
Cottage Cheese Goat’s Milk
Smart balance butter
Better Than Sour Cream (Soy)
Eggland’s best cholesterol free eggs
Cook pasta; add half of the slices of cheese, milk, butter, and seasonings.
Stir with a wooden spoon until melted. Pour pasta into 9 inch square pan; place the remaining slices of cheese (tear into strips) evenly on top of pasta. Broil until cheese melts and turns slightly brown.