Did you know there were health benefits from gardening ? Below I have listed a few.
- Gardening helps to relieve stress and provide mental clarity.
- It can help to reduce the risk of obesity.
- Considered a moderate intensity level activity.
- It helps to brighten your mood.
- Gardening can be gratifying and provides an excellent source of fresh produce.
- Gardening gets you out in the fresh air and sunshine and it also gets your blood moving.
- The food you grow yourself is the freshest food.
- Home gardens filled with fruits and vegetables, is the healthiest food you can eat.
There are several leafy vegetables you can plant and harvest.
You can prepare fresh and healthy salads using these !
Thanksgiving is almost here! It’s a time for giving back, great food, family, and love. Take this time to fully enjoy and embrace your friends and family. God has blessed us with the gift of life. It is important that we appreciate all his blessings. Our lives may not be perfect but God is always there for us carrying us along. This Thanksgiving please also think about those that are in need and give back. There are several ways to give back. You can volunteer to feed the homeless, invite someone over who maybe struggling financially and having a hard time, or donate food. These small gestures will put a smile on their faces. So while you are enjoying all the wonderful foods and festivities remember to be thankful for your blessings and think of others. Please also remember to make healthy meal choices for your body.
From our heart to yours !
It is so important to tell ourselves positive affirmations. Sometimes everyday stressful situations can bring us down. However, we can build ourselves back up with positivity. We cannot let things out of our control or situations dictate our moods and energy. Many times it is very difficult, but with prayer and God’s help we will get through it and continue to push forward. We were made in his image which is a blessing. For those days when you are feeling down here are some positive affirmations to say !
- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me ; Philippians 4:13
- God has not given us a spirit of fear but of power,and of love, and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7
- I am wonderfully made.
- I am beautiful.
- I am successful.
- I am blessed and highly favored.
Try saying these to yourself daily or as much as possible and feel free to add your own to the list 🙂
Have a glass of lemon water daily!
Lemon water is a wonderful way to begin your day. It detoxes your system and aids in digestion.
From our heart to yours!
Try this healthy and soothing recipe for ginger- turmeric tea
- 2-3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1 teaspoon powdered turmeric
- one lemon, juiced
- Boil 2 – 3 cups of water.
- Remove pan from burner and add 1 teaspoon each of powdered Ginger and powdered Turmeric. Stir, cover and let sit for 10-15 minutes.
- In the meantime, juice one lemon and split between the two cups.
- When the tea is ready, pour in both cups, and enjoy.
Drink to taste the essence of the herbs or add honey or agave.
From Our Heart to Yours
There is no magical remedy for healthy skin. The most important tip is to pay attention to what we are putting into bodies. Eating processed and unhealthy foods affects our skin terribly. Another cause of bad skin is toxins that do not leave the body. Below I have listed a variety of fruits and vegetables that provide us with healthy skin.
Kale contains a high amount of Vitamin C , which helps with anti-aging and keeping the skin supple.
Cucumbers provide silica which aid in providing a clear complexion and also shiny strong healthy hair.
They are excellent for repairing damaged skin.
Provide antioxidants. Increases circulation which aids in the skin glowing. Contains Vitamin C.
Hope you find these tips helpful.
Salmon is one of my favorite fish to eat. I love baked salmon with fresh lemon on top. along with mixed vegetables or a nice mixed greens salad. Did you know that it provides us with a variety of nutrients and benefits?
- Helps to boost the function of the brain.
- Provides Vitamin D.
- The Omega 3 fatty acids that it contains aids in heart health.
- Improves our vision.
- Source of protein.
- Helps to produce healthy hair and skin.
- Aids in preventing prostate, colon, and kidney cancer.
- Relieves Stress.
- Keeps joints healthy.
- Reduces inflammation.
- Improves sleep.
Salmon Pate Recipe
juice from 4- 5 lemons
3-4 cans of salmon
1/2 cup Daisy sour cream
1/2 cup Tofutti sour cream 120z ( blue container)
Tony Chachere’s cajun seasoning
Mix together ingredients. Add cajun seasoning to taste. Garnish with lemons. Pate will last 6-7 days in the refrigerator.
Enjoy with Lettuce or celery
From our heart to yours!
Kiwi fruit is another one of my favorite fruits. Their sweet and tangy flavor is delicious. I love them in fruit salads and smoothies. But did you know they hold a variety of health benefits?
- Helps with blood flow.
- High in fiber.
- Provides digestive enzymes.
- Contains Vitamin C
- Improves Respiratory problems.
- Low in fat.
- Stimulates hair growth.
- Heals skin.
- Great for eye health.
- Boosts heart health.
Try this Kiwi – Apple Smoothie:
- Peel the fruit, core the apple and cut everything into pieces.
- Place fruit and ice cubes in your blender and mix until evenly blended.
- Add some apple juice if needed to achieve the desired consistency.
Turmeric is found often in Indian curry which gives food a bright yellow coloring and also for dyeing fabrics. Surprisingly turmeric is a great spice to add to our diets because of how it benefits our bodies.
Turmeric is a natural anti-inflammatory which helps keep pathogens from taking over and harming our bodies. This is due to the presence of the compound Curcumin, which is not only great for lowering inflammation but also lowers the chances of developing brain disease, heart disease, and even cancer. Curcumin is also being studied for being potentially an anti-depressant and for helping to battle age related chronic diseases.
From Our Heart to Yours
I love cherries! Did you know that they can offer the body may health benefits?
- They help to improve sleep
- Are wonderful cancer fighters.
- Helps to reduce bad cholesterol.
- Source of antioxidants.
- Helps to relieve migraines.
- Low in calories and fat.
- Provides ease to arthritis.
- Excellent source of vitamin A.
- Contain fiber.
- Improves the memory.
1 cup frozen strawberries
1 cup frozen blueberries
1 cup frozen cherries
4 ice cubes
cup orange juice
tsp honey (optional)
Blend ingredients and enjoy!
The summer is a time for savoring refreshing and tropical fruits. One of the favorites of the season are mangoes. Not only are they tasty, they are good for you too.
Mangoes contain antioxidant compounds observed by scientists to protect against cancers of the prostate, leukemia, breast and colon.
Mangoes also contain natural fibers, pectin, and vitamin C that lower bad cholesterol.
In terms of physical effects,mangoes are great for clearing up the skin and improving eye health due to them providing vitamin A.
So enjoy this tasty tropical fruit raw or in your favorite smoothie.
From Our Heart to Yours