Let’s face it. Its the middle of summer and sometimes its all to easy to give in and get a cold drink or smoothie from your local smoothie shop. Many of those stores add additional sugar to their drinks or artificial sweeteners. Besides who wants to go outside into the heat when you can satisfy your thirst for something cool from the comfort of your own home. This recipe not only is healthy but is a delicious way to hydrate yourself.
- 1 cup chopped raw, red beets
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1 1/2 cup fresh pineapple
- 1/2 mango, peeled
- 1 cup coconut water or filtered water
- 1/2 inch piece of fresh ginger
- 3 – 4 large ice cubes
Blend until smooth on high. Then serve and enjoy!
From Our Heart to Yours