Looks like this weekend is going to be a winter wonderland! There are several healthy ways to be prepared for the snow. You don’t have to stock up on fatty comfort foods. Instead eat a healthy and hearty soup. Drink soothing and nutritious teas in place of hot chocolate with whipped cream. For breakfast have a nice hot bowl of oatmeal with fresh berries, this provides the body with plenty of fiber. One important thing is to make sure you have water. Drink water with fresh lemon. This helps with digestion and to detox the body. Just because you are snowed in does not mean you can’t exercise. Grab that yoga mat and relieve some stress or pop in that cardio DVD. Hope you find these tips helpful!
Try this recipe : Turkey Chili
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 (16 ounce) can canned kidney beans – drained and rinsed
- 1 (28 ounce) can canned crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups water
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Place turkey in the pot, and cook until evenly brown.
- Stir in onion, and cook until tender.
- Pour water into the pot.
- Mix in tomatoes, kidney beans, and garlic. Season chili powder, paprika, oregano, cayenne pepper, cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 30 minutes.
Try this Recipe: Lemon Ginger Tea
- 4 cups boiling water
- 2-inch piece ginger root, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, sliced
- Remove water from heat. Add sliced ginger and lemon to hot water. Allow to steep for about 20 minutes. Strain. Add honey or agave.
From our heart to yours we hope you find this information helpful!