Fall is the perfect time for delicious apple recipes. There are several types for you to choose from,such as Granny Smith, Pink Lady, Golden Delicious, and Fuji. My favorite apples are Honey Crisp and Fuji. Apples provide several nutritious benefits. They are packed with fiber, provide Vitamin A & C, help to boost your immune system, aid in preventing heart disease, and helps to reduce your cholesterol levels. Below I have listed some apple recipes for you to try!
Cinnamon Apple Chips
4 Granny Smith,Pink lady or Honey Crisp apples
2 lemons, juiced
Cinnamon, for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 200ºF. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Carefully slice the apples into 1/8-inch pieces, keeping the cores intact but removing any seeds of the apples using the tip of a knife. Immediately dip both sides of the apple slices in the lemon juice, then transfer to the baking sheets. Sprinkle tops with cinnamon.
- Bake until apples are completely dehydrated and crunchy, flipping every hour. This can take 3-4 hours, depending on how thick the apples are cut.
Easy Apple Crisp
- 10 cups all-purpose apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degree C).
- Place the sliced apples in a 9×13 inch pan. Mix the white sugar, 1 tablespoon flour and ground cinnamon together, and sprinkle over apples. Pour water evenly over all.
- Combine the oats, 1 cup flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and melted butter together. Crumble evenly over the apple mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for about 45 minutes.
Apple Cranberry Walnut Salad
- 6 cups salad ( a combination of arugula and baby spinach, any spring green mix will do)
- 1 red apple
- 1 green apple
- 1 cup walnuts, roughly chopped (such as Diamond of California)
- ⅓ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup oil
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- scant ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar (or white vinegar in a pinch)
- 1 cup apple juice
- Core and chop apples (thin slices or 1 inch chunks). Toss lettuce, apples, walnuts, feta, and cranberries together in a large bowl.
- Whisk together all dressing ingredients. Toss with salad immediately before serving. Enjoy!
Hope you enjoy these recipes!