Squash provides several nutritional benefits. There are also different ways to prepare squash. I love sautéed squash. Below I have listed the benefits of squash along with some recipes for you to try.
- It boost the immune system.
- Helps to improve bone and eye health.
- Aids in improving blood circulation.
- Reduces the risk of lung cancer.
- It’s a good source of B complex vitamins.
- Contains Vitamin C and Magnesium.
- Provides fiber and potassium.
- The seeds are high in anti-parasitic,anti-fungal ,and anti-microbial properties.
- Great for weight loss.
- High in Vitamin A and antioxidants.
Try these recipes!
Grilled Squash and Zucchini
- 1 yellow squash, sliced
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, cut into chunks
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- Preheat grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Place yellow squash and zucchini on a square of aluminum foil; sprinkle with lemon zest, lemon juice, and butter. Season with salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. Wrap the aluminum foil over the vegetables.
- Cook vegetables on the preheated grill until tender, about 30 minutes.
Garlic Vegetable Medley
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeds and ribs removed, minced
- 2 zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pinch paprika
- Heat olive oil and butter in a large skillet; cook and stir garlic and jalapeno in hot skillet until softened, about 5 minutes. Add zucchini, yellow bell pepper, red bell pepper, and shallot; continue to cook and stir until tender, about 5 minutes more. Season with salt, pepper, and paprika.