Did you know that beets have many benefits for your health? Below I have composed a list of the several benefits the provide.
- They help to protect against heart disease.
- Beets are a great source of iron, Vitamin A and Vitamin C.
- They aid in lowering blood pressure.
- Provide energy for the body.
- Improves red blood cell production.
- Detoxifies the digestive system.
- Helps to improve memory.
- Lowers cholesterol.
- Cleanses the blood.
- Contains magnesium and calcium.
- Provides Folic Acid.
- High in fiber.
- They are excellent cancer fighters. They help to break up tumors.
Try this recipe
Beet Salad with Orange and Feta:
To prepare Beet Salad with Oranges and Feta:
- 2 beets, cooked, cut in half, and quartered
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 orange
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- 2 tablespoons onion or shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 6 cups arugula
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves, rough chopped
- 2 ounces Feta cheese, crumbled
- salt and pepper to taste