Did you know that beets have many benefits for your health? Below I have composed a list of the several benefits the provide.
- They help to protect against heart disease.
- Beets are a great source of iron, Vitamin A and Vitamin C.
- They aid in lowering blood pressure.
- Provide energy for the body.
- Improves red blood cell production.
- Detoxifies the digestive system.
- Helps to improve memory.
- Lowers cholesterol.
- Cleanses the blood.
- Contains magnesium and calcium.
- Provides Folic Acid.
- High in fiber.
- They are excellent cancer fighters. They help to break up tumors.
Try this recipe
Beet Salad with Orange and Feta:
To prepare Beet Salad with Oranges and Feta:
- 2 beets, cooked, cut in half, and quartered
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 orange
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- 2 tablespoons onion or shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 6 cups arugula
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves, rough chopped
- 2 ounces Feta cheese, crumbled
- salt and pepper to taste
Honeydew melon is very refreshing and low in calories. It is a great healthy alternative if you have a craving for sweets. They are very sweet and juicy.You can enjoy it alone or added to a delicious sweet or savory fruit salad. Did you know that this melon also contains many health benefits? Lets take a look at all the benefits it provides.
- The combination of its high water content and potassium levels allow it to be helpful with maintaining healthy blood pressure levels.
- Honeydew is great for skin . It increases collagen and aids in tissue repair.
- It contains vitamin B and vitamin C
- This melon is only 60 calories per cup and is composed of about 90% water
- It has almost the same amount of potassium as a banana but with fewer calories!
- It is a good source of fiber.
- Honeydew melon helps to support the immune system.
- Helps to promote healthy hair growth.
- This melon helps to keep your heart healthy.
- The combination of melon and lemon is effective in curing gout. Regular consumption of melons every day in the morning helps in maintaining kidney health.
- Contains antioxidants.
Hope that you find these tips helpful!
Try this recipe!
Honeydew Melon Fruit Bowl
1/2 honeydew melon, fruit removed with a melon baller
1 cup strawberries, cut into bite sized pieces
1 mango, peeled and cut into bite sized pieces
juice of 1 lemon
In a medium bowl combine fruit and squeeze lemon on top, the lemon will add another dimension to the flavor. Toss gently to mix. Place fruit mixture back into hollowed out honey dew melon half. Serve at room temperature or chilled