July 4th is right around the corner. It’s a time for cookouts, mingling with friends, fireworks, and family fun. I have put together a list of healthy tips to help you out this weekend. Enjoy the holiday and be safe.
- Drink water instead of sodas which are loaded with sugar and empty calories. Add lemon or fruit to your water to give it flavor.
- Choose healthier sides such as fruit salad, green salad or mixed vegetables.
- Limit the amount of carbs you put on your plate.
- Eat dessert in moderation. DO NOT over indulge!
- Choose baked food options over fried foods.
- Pay attention to the portions you put on your plate.
- Limit salt intake.
- Go for a walk after your meal if possible.