Chlorophyll is a molecule that gives plants their green color. It is almost identical to our red blood cells. Did you know that chlorophyll provides many health benefits? Below I have listed a few.
- It helps to improve skin conditions.
- Chlorophyll increases blood circulation.
- It aids in detoxifying the body
- It cleanses the blood.
- Chlorophyll helps to boost your immune system.
- Provides energy.
- It is high in Amino acids.
- It oxygenates the blood.
- Stimulates the bowels.
- It is very rich in enzymes.
- It extracts toxins from the liver and improves liver function.
- Great for healing wounds and fighting infection.
Some great sources of Chlorophyll are:
- Green leafy vegetables
- Romaine lettuce
Iron is one of the essential minerals our body needs. It is part of all cells and is vital for the proper functioning of our bodies. It strengthens the immune system, aids in brain development,helps to carry oxygen to the body, and is beneficial in regulating body temperature. Iron also helps your energy level and aids in the formation of hemoglobin. There are several sources of iron, but did you know there were plant- based sources? Below are a list of a few.
Dried fruit such as apricots and dates are a great source of iron.
Almonds and cashews provide a source of iron.
Kidney beans and chickpeas are another good source of iron.
Dark leafy greens are an excellent plant-based source of iron.
July 4th is right around the corner. It’s a time for cookouts, mingling with friends, fireworks, and family fun. I have put together a list of healthy tips to help you out this weekend. Enjoy the holiday and be safe.
- Drink water instead of sodas which are loaded with sugar and empty calories. Add lemon or fruit to your water to give it flavor.
- Choose healthier sides such as fruit salad, green salad or mixed vegetables.
- Limit the amount of carbs you put on your plate.
- Eat dessert in moderation. DO NOT over indulge!
- Choose baked food options over fried foods.
- Pay attention to the portions you put on your plate.
- Limit salt intake.
- Go for a walk after your meal if possible.