Many people may not be aware that pears have many health benefits. Pears are both delicious and nutritious and filled with many vitamins and minerals that you need within your daily diet. They can be used in salads, desserts, baked dishes, or just enjoyed in it’s normal crisp and juicy form. I have listed several benefits that pears provide below.
- Pears provide a large amount of fiber for your body.
- The juice from a pear can help to reduce inflammation.
- They contain antioxidants which help to boost your immune system.
- They help with lowering cholesterol.
- Pears are a wonderful source of Vitamin C, Vitamin B, and potassium.
- Due to the pectin(soluble fiber) that they contain , they help to provide relief of constipation.
- There are anti-aging properties within pears.
- Pears have folic acid which is great for women who are pregnant. The folic acid helps to protect against birth defects.
- An interesting fact about pears is they help to get rid of a fever.
- Pears are a good choice for those who have diabetes.
Try this pear recipe:
CLEAN EATING CHICKEN STUFFED PEARS
( 4 servings)
- 12.5 oz. home cooked, shredded chicken
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh, chopped rosemary
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup walnut pieces
- 2 large ripe pears
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the chicken, rosemary, cranberries and walnut pieces.
- Cut your pears in half and scoop out just the seeds and middle section, being sure to leave as much of the flesh as possible.
- Scoop out some of the flesh from the pears and add that to the chicken as well. Leave at least 1/4 – 1/3 inch thickness in the pear halves.
- Stir until evenly combined.
- Fill the pear halves with chicken salad and serve.