Summer is approaching and the temperature is rising! Instead of depending on ice cream, milkshakes, and sugary drinks to cool you off, try these healthy tips to beat the heat:
- Water is the number one thing to keep you cool this summer!
- Try Lemon water or cucumber mint water.
- Lemon water helps to balance your PH, eliminates toxins, and helps to boost the immune system.
- Cucumber water is great for staying hydrated, good for your skin, and it also aids in the removal of toxins.
- Smoothies are packed with fruit that provide vitamins and minerals.
- They are a healthy alternative to milkshakes, which are full of empty calories and sugar.
- Smoothies are easy to make and are refreshing.
Frozen Fruit Bars:
- Frozen fruit bars are a great way to stay cool this summer.
- Try these instead of reaching for that cup of ice cream.
- They are delicious and nutritious!
- There is nothing more refreshing than cold and juicy watermelon!
- Watermelon has a high water content which helps to hydrate the body.
- It is also rich in vitamin, A, B,and C ,and potassium.
- It contains antioxidants.
Try this easy frozen fruit bar recipe!
Strawberry Banana Frozen Fruit Bar: I
- 1 large ripe banana, peeled, cut into chunks, & frozen
- 12 large strawberries, sliced in half
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice (or orange juice)