Summer is approaching and the temperature is rising! Instead of depending on ice cream, milkshakes, and sugary drinks to cool you off, try these healthy tips to beat the heat:
- Water is the number one thing to keep you cool this summer!
- Try Lemon water or cucumber mint water.
- Lemon water helps to balance your PH, eliminates toxins, and helps to boost the immune system.
- Cucumber water is great for staying hydrated, good for your skin, and it also aids in the removal of toxins.
- Smoothies are packed with fruit that provide vitamins and minerals.
- They are a healthy alternative to milkshakes, which are full of empty calories and sugar.
- Smoothies are easy to make and are refreshing.
Frozen Fruit Bars:
- Frozen fruit bars are a great way to stay cool this summer.
- Try these instead of reaching for that cup of ice cream.
- They are delicious and nutritious!
- There is nothing more refreshing than cold and juicy watermelon!
- Watermelon has a high water content which helps to hydrate the body.
- It is also rich in vitamin, A, B,and C ,and potassium.
- It contains antioxidants.
Try this easy frozen fruit bar recipe!
Strawberry Banana Frozen Fruit Bar: I
- 1 large ripe banana, peeled, cut into chunks, & frozen
- 12 large strawberries, sliced in half
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice (or orange juice)
Blend all of the ingredients together on high speed until smooth – about 2 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the blender as needed as you go.Pour the mixture into popsicle molds. If your popsicle mold has slots for sticks, you can insert them before freezing – if not, freeze for 2 hours, then put a wooden popsicle stick in the middle. Continue to freeze for an additional 6 hours or overnight – overnight is recommended for easy removal.Run popsicle molds under hot water to remove easily.
Do you find yourself having trouble remembering things? Are you looking to improve your memory and enhance your focus? It all begins with what you are putting into your body. Help keep your mind fresh and focused throughout the day with this list of foods.
- They help to increase blood flow to the brain.
- Beets increase concentration and focus.
- They improve mental performance.
- Salmon is loaded with Omega- 3 fatty acids.
- It helps to improve memory.
- Salmon aids in the brain functioning correctly.
- Broccoli is filled with Vitamin K ,which is excellent for memory.
- Helps to improve focus.
- Helps oxygen to be released to the brain.
- Avocados help with memory and remembering small details.
- It is one of the best foods for the brain.
- Blueberries contain antioxidants.
- The fruit is also composed of compounds called flavonoids, that assist in improving memory and general cognitive functions.
These tips should help you with improving your memory!
Did you know that cucumbers provide several health benefits? Below I have listed a few ways in which they help.
- Cucumbers are an excellent source of A,B,and C vitamins.
- They help with keeping the body hydrated.
- Cucumbers contain silica, which strengthens your hair and nails.
- The vitamins and minerals that a cucumber contains decrease muscle and joint pain.
- Cucumbers are made up of 96 percent water which in turn aids in flushing toxins from the body.
- Putting cucumbers on the eyes helps to reduce under-eye bags and puffiness.
- Several studies have shown that cucumbers contain cancer-fighting properties.
- Magnesium, potassium,and silicon can be found in cucumbers, which is great for skin.
Here is a delicious cucumber juice recipe to try:
- 4 handfuls of Spinach
- 2 cucumbers
- 4 small Apples
And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.
Hope this information helps you with your cleansing journey!
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day! It kick starts your metabolism. Be sure to make wise decisions when choosing what meal you will begin your day with.Choose plant based milk for your cereal such as soy or almond because these do not produce mucus. Pancakes, waffles, donuts, biscuits and pastries all are pleasing to our taste buds. However,these foods are all high in sugar and fat and can leave you sluggish through out your day. Often times due to our busy schedules we have to make quick choices. Don’t let that be an excuse to choose the least nutritious foods. To make busy mornings a bit easier and healthier here are some nutritious options!
Oatmeal and mixed berries is both delicious and healthy!
Try a bowl of fresh fruit!
Instead of a bacon,egg and cheese biscuit have a vegetable omelet!
Low fat muffins are a healthy alternative to donuts and pastries!
A bowl of granola or granola bars are quick and easy choice!