Well we made it through all the cold weather and now it’s time for a spring renewal. The fall and winter were filled with holidays and indulging in comfort foods and spending more time inside. Now the sun is starting to shine and the temperature is warming up. Just as we give our houses a spring cleaning,our bodies also need one. It is time to wake our bodies up and give ourselves a fresh start! Here are some tips you can follow to begin your spring body renewal.
Get your body moving:
- Grab a friend and go for a walk or run.
- Try to be less sedentary. The cold weather is over so it’s time to get your body moving.
- Try a nice relaxing exercise such as yoga which also helps to ease the mind.
- Zumba is also a great and fun exercise to try.
Refresh your mind:
- Prayer is key! Start your day off with prayer.
- Meditation: With the hustle and bustle of each day it is important to have time for peace and quiet.
Change your eating habits:
- Begin the day by juicing or a nice healthy smoothie.
- Add fresh greens to your daily diet. They contain iron and help to detox the body.
- Eat lean meats and more salads.
- Clean eating is important for your body.