What is metabolism?
Metabolism is the process by which your body converts what you eat and drink into energy. During this process, calories in food and beverages are combined with oxygen to release the energy your body needs to function. When your metabolism is slow that causes your body to take longer to burn calories. There are several foods you can eat to help speed up your metabolism.
Is very high in calcium. Broccoli contains vitamins C, K and A. One serving of broccoli will also provide you with plenty of folate and dietary fiber plus antioxidants. Broccoli is also one of the best detox foods you can add to your diet.
- Mild peppers contain compounds that help erase up to 100 calories a day.
- Cayenne and other types of spicy peppers directly boost your metabolism and circulation.
- Fact: Eating hot peppers not only helps to speed up your metabolism, it also great at reducing cravings.
- Grapefruit have been proven to help to burn fat and keep our metabolism high. This is due to the fruits’ high amount of vitamin C
- Spices such as garlic and cinnamon are one of the best ways your metabolism high.
- Especially the stronger spices such as black pepper, mustard seeds, powdered onion and ginger.
- Studies have shown using spices enabled people to burn up to 1,000 more calories daily than those who did no use spices.