It’s definitely a winter wonderland outside. Everyone is doing their best to stay warm. It’s important to layer your clothes and bundle up. We all know to wear a heavy coat, gloves, scarf etc. These are just some ways to combat this cold weather.However, clothing is not the only option. There are also a variety of foods that can help the body stay warm during these winter months. Here are a list of foods that will help you maintain warmth.
- Ginger not only helps the body stay warm, but it also helps boost the immune and digestive systems.
- You can use ginger in salad dressings, soups and baked goods.
- Ginger tea is a good way to warm the body.
Cinnamon and Spices:
- Spices such as cinnamon, cumin, paprika, and nutmeg all help to enhance the body’s metabolism and maintain heat. These spices can be used in many dishes and drinks.
- Oats, brown rice, and other whole grains give immediate warmth and also provide needed complex carbohydrates to give the body energy.
- Grains are a good source of B vitamins and magnesium.
Soups and Stews:
- Soups and stews are nutritious comfort foods that are guaranteed to keep you warm.
- Try a vegetable soup or stew.