Enzymes are needed for many functions of the body. They are especially needed for energy and digestion. Here are a list of foods that contain high enzymes.
Papayas have a huge amounts of the enzyme papain. Papain is found in the actual papaya The enzyme is used to help with pain, swelling, and fluid retention.
Pineapple contains an enzyme named bromelain, which works to reduce swelling, pain, and even helps to improve joint function.
Sprouts have digestive enzymes that can help with your overall digestive process and health.
Nuts are filled with great amounts of an enzyme called lipase. Lipase is a digestive enzyme that works to help break down fats within your body to aid in digestion.
Oranges contain Folic acid and enzymes that also help with digestion and the skin.
Well we made it through all the cold weather and now it’s time for a spring renewal. The fall and winter were filled with holidays and indulging in comfort foods and spending more time inside. Now the sun is starting to shine and the temperature is warming up. Just as we give our houses a spring cleaning,our bodies also need one. It is time to wake our bodies up and give ourselves a fresh start! Here are some tips you can follow to begin your spring body renewal.
Get your body moving:
- Grab a friend and go for a walk or run.
- Try to be less sedentary. The cold weather is over so it’s time to get your body moving.
- Try a nice relaxing exercise such as yoga which also helps to ease the mind.
- Zumba is also a great and fun exercise to try.
Refresh your mind:
- Prayer is key! Start your day off with prayer.
- Meditation: With the hustle and bustle of each day it is important to have time for peace and quiet.
Change your eating habits:
- Begin the day by juicing or a nice healthy smoothie.
- Add fresh greens to your daily diet. They contain iron and help to detox the body.
- Eat lean meats and more salads.
- Clean eating is important for your body.
What is metabolism?
Metabolism is the process by which your body converts what you eat and drink into energy. During this process, calories in food and beverages are combined with oxygen to release the energy your body needs to function. When your metabolism is slow that causes your body to take longer to burn calories. There are several foods you can eat to help speed up your metabolism.
Is very high in calcium. Broccoli contains vitamins C, K and A. One serving of broccoli will also provide you with plenty of folate and dietary fiber plus antioxidants. Broccoli is also one of the best detox foods you can add to your diet.
- Mild peppers contain compounds that help erase up to 100 calories a day.
- Cayenne and other types of spicy peppers directly boost your metabolism and circulation.
- Fact: Eating hot peppers not only helps to speed up your metabolism, it also great at reducing cravings.
- Grapefruit have been proven to help to burn fat and keep our metabolism high. This is due to the fruits’ high amount of vitamin C
- Spices such as garlic and cinnamon are one of the best ways your metabolism high.
- Especially the stronger spices such as black pepper, mustard seeds, powdered onion and ginger.
- Studies have shown using spices enabled people to burn up to 1,000 more calories daily than those who did no use spices.
It’s definitely a winter wonderland outside. Everyone is doing their best to stay warm. It’s important to layer your clothes and bundle up. We all know to wear a heavy coat, gloves, scarf etc. These are just some ways to combat this cold weather.However, clothing is not the only option. There are also a variety of foods that can help the body stay warm during these winter months. Here are a list of foods that will help you maintain warmth.
- Ginger not only helps the body stay warm, but it also helps boost the immune and digestive systems.
- You can use ginger in salad dressings, soups and baked goods.
- Ginger tea is a good way to warm the body.
Cinnamon and Spices:
- Spices such as cinnamon, cumin, paprika, and nutmeg all help to enhance the body’s metabolism and maintain heat. These spices can be used in many dishes and drinks.
- Oats, brown rice, and other whole grains give immediate warmth and also provide needed complex carbohydrates to give the body energy.
- Grains are a good source of B vitamins and magnesium.
Soups and Stews:
- Soups and stews are nutritious comfort foods that are guaranteed to keep you warm.
- Try a vegetable soup or stew.