Many people suffer from a lack of iron which causes them to be anemic. To help treat your iron deficiency make sure to eat foods that contain a high amount of iron. Below is a list of five foods that are rich in iron and their benefits.
- Helps to boost your energy
- Lowers the risk of heart attacks
- Very high in iron
- High in protein
- Can be used in soups and salads
- Great source of iron
- Fat and Cholesterol free
- One cup of cooked spinach has 6.4 milligrams—for just 40 calories.
- High in Vitamin C
- One cup of cooked lentils has 6.59 milligrams of iron.
- Increases Energy
- Lentils help to reduce blood cholesterol
- Contain a high level of protein
- Helps to prevent constipation