Everyone has a few guilty pleasures when it comes to food, mine are french fries. I love fries they are so tasty and satisfying! However, we all know fries aren’t the best decision when it comes to a snack or a side dish. A healthy alternative is sweet potato fries! These are my favorite they are so delicious and half the calories! You can find sweet potato fries at almost every restaurant nowadays. Also sweet potatoes have several benefits, they are high in Vitamin B6, a great source of iron and Vitamin C, as well as magnesium. So next time you get a fry craving choose these instead. Here is a quick and easy recipe for oven baked sweet potato fries.
Here’s what is needed :
One large sweet potato
- Coarse sea salt
- Olive Oil
- Peeler ( optional)
- Cutting board
- A sharp Chefs knife
- A large baking sheet
Step 1: Prep
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit
- Wash off sweet potato and make sure to dry off completely or fries will be soggy!
- Peel potato or leave skin on it’s your choice
- Cut off any skinny ends
Step 2: Slicing your Sweet potato
- Cut half of your potato into large slices about 3/4 inch thick
- Take and cut those large slices into fries they should 1/2 -3/4 inches
- Repeat for other half
Step 3: Placing on baking sheet
- Put potatoes on sheet
- Sprinkle season salt evenly but use sparingly
- Sprinkle freshly ground pepper on fries
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Mix all together on baking sheet
- You may add more olive oil if you choose just don’t over do it
- Once the fries are coated in the mixture spread them out evenly on the baking sheet .
- Make sure they are not touching this will cause them to be SOGGY!
Step 4: Baking
- Place in oven for 15 minutes
- After 15 minutes take them and flip them over for an additional 10 minutes
- Fries should be crispy on both sides when they are done
- Reduce cooking time by a couple of minutes if you don’t want them too crispy.
- make sure to keep an eye on them because they will brown quickly!
Take fries out of the oven let cool a bit, serve and enjoy 🙂
Serving size 2-3 people
Recipe via : instructables.com/perfect oven sweet potato fries