Papaya is not just a delicious and beautiful and tropical fruit it also holds several health benefits.
- They contain Vitamin B and Vitamin C,and A.
- Papaya’s are a great source of fiber.
- Contain nutrients that help with the prevention of colon cancer.
- They have been proven to help lower high cholesterol
- The enzymes in papaya help with inflammation.
- Papaya contain the digestive enzyme papain.
- Good source of antioxidants.
We all want healthy glowing skin. With Summer here it’s easy for the skin to dry out. Make sure you are drinking plenty of water! Also make sure to wash your face morning and night and don’t forget to use a moisturizer. Another huge factor is exfoliating your face and body. Exfoliating your skin provides several benefits, for one it aids in softening your skin, it removes dead skin cells, helps to keep pores from clogging ,speeds up skin renewal process, and it brightens the skin. It’s best to use a gentle exfoliant with natural ingredients. Below I have listed a few exfoliators that you can make yourself that do not contain harsh ingredients.
Oatmeal, Milk, and Olive Oil Exfoliator :
- 1 tablespoon of organic whole milk
- 1 tablespoon of organic honey
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of organic oatmeal
Pour all liquids into the bowl then add the 2 tablespoons of oatmeal. Mix everything in the bowl and let sit for 5-10 minutes to make sure the oatmeal has softened. Rub the exfoliator onto your face and begin massaging it for 2 minutes. Wash with warm water then pat your face dry with a towel.
Pumpkin, Honey, and Baking Soda Exfoliator:
- 1 Can of organic pumpkin
- 1 Cup of baking soda
- 1/4 Cup of organic honey
Mix the pumpkin,and baking soda together in a bowl and then add in the honey. make sure all ingredients are mixed together evenly. Apply the exfoliator to your face and allow it to stay on for 2 minutes. Wash with warm water and pat gently with towel.
Be sure to store any remaining exfoliator in a container and place it in the refrigerator. The mixtures should last about a week.
Pumpkin Recipe via: http://www.brit.co
Everyone has a few guilty pleasures when it comes to food, mine are french fries. I love fries they are so tasty and satisfying! However, we all know fries aren’t the best decision when it comes to a snack or a side dish. A healthy alternative is sweet potato fries! These are my favorite they are so delicious and half the calories! You can find sweet potato fries at almost every restaurant nowadays. Also sweet potatoes have several benefits, they are high in Vitamin B6, a great source of iron and Vitamin C, as well as magnesium. So next time you get a fry craving choose these instead. Here is a quick and easy recipe for oven baked sweet potato fries.
Here’s what is needed :
One large sweet potato
- Coarse sea salt
- Olive Oil
- Peeler ( optional)
- Cutting board
- A sharp Chefs knife
- A large baking sheet
Step 1: Prep
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit
- Wash off sweet potato and make sure to dry off completely or fries will be soggy!
- Peel potato or leave skin on it’s your choice
- Cut off any skinny ends
Step 2: Slicing your Sweet potato
- Cut half of your potato into large slices about 3/4 inch thick
- Take and cut those large slices into fries they should 1/2 -3/4 inches
- Repeat for other half
Step 3: Placing on baking sheet
- Put potatoes on sheet
- Sprinkle season salt evenly but use sparingly
- Sprinkle freshly ground pepper on fries
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Mix all together on baking sheet
- You may add more olive oil if you choose just don’t over do it
- Once the fries are coated in the mixture spread them out evenly on the baking sheet .
- Make sure they are not touching this will cause them to be SOGGY!
Step 4: Baking
- Place in oven for 15 minutes
- After 15 minutes take them and flip them over for an additional 10 minutes
- Fries should be crispy on both sides when they are done
- Reduce cooking time by a couple of minutes if you don’t want them too crispy.
- make sure to keep an eye on them because they will brown quickly!
Take fries out of the oven let cool a bit, serve and enjoy 🙂
Serving size 2-3 people
Recipe via : instructables.com/perfect oven sweet potato fries
Natural hair is beautiful! I myself am natural going on three years. It has been a process transitioning, but I love being able to wear my natural curls. However, one problem with natural hair is it tends to get very dry. It is very important to make sure you are taking proper care of your hair. There are several oils you can use to keep your natural hair healthy and moisturized. Here are two oils that are very beneficial!
- Helps to moisturize dry damaged hair
- Contains Vitamins A, B, D,and E which help to protect the scalp
- Contains Amino acids and Protein which promote healthy hair growth
- Helps to make hair soft and provides shine.
- Great for preventing damage and breakage
- Reduces protein loss in hair
- Helps to treat split ends
- Can help to prevent hair loss
- Excellent as a deep conditioner
You can find these oils at any of your local health food stores.
Looking for a healthy snack option? Here is a simple and healthy recipe for kale chips
You will need :
1 Bundle of Kale
1-2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
Seasoning Options: Sea salt, chili powder, or your favorite seasoning
- Wash and pat dry kale leaves
- De-stem kale and cut into tiny pieces
- Preheat oven to 275
- Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper
- Brush each piece of kale with a small amount of olive oil
- Lay the prepared kale in a single layer on the other baking sheet
- Sprinkle whichever seasoning you choose over the kale
- Bake for 20 minutes until crisp
- Cool chips off completely
- Be sure to store in an airtight container
Cooking tip: make sure to check kale at the 10 minute point to avoid overcooking